Saturday 21 March 2015

Gardening Haul #1

We went to our local nursery today (gardening, not children, mind). The one that is nearest to us is Brookside Garden Centre in Poynton.

I was only going to get some compost and some bamboo sticks and string for my wigwam (or teepee, as I like to call it) for my sweet peas. However, I got sucked in by terracotta and plants. So, here is a minihaul!



I bought a couple of terracotta planters and pots. I think they'll be put to use with salad leaves or herbs. The pots, I'm thinking of using for the tulips - and get some nice photos for the blog! I also bought some terracotta saucers for my indoor plants.

As I mentioned before, I wanted to build a wigwam for my sweet peas I sowed back in January. I was a little anxious to pot them out, but they have been in the greenhouse for about 3 weeks now and it can be rather cold in there! So, here is the result of my first attempt.




The flowers I have bought are some gorgeous pinky/purpley ones. I have to research how to care for them, but I will share what they are in case you get inspired. 

This is an Anemone called Harmony Pearl; I got two of these.


This is an amazing plant which is a Fritillary with the interesting name Snake's Head. Also got 2 of those.


I also bought 4 Dianthus of the Doris variety.


Finally, I got some Double Tulips


All in all a very productive day. I also got some sowing compost and general potting compost. Didn't think that was particularly interesting to photograph at this stage - unless I get amazing flowers and veg! Then I will definitely talk about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment