Sunday 15 March 2015

Edible Garden inspiration

My idea for the garden is for it to be an edible one. As an avid Gardener's World watcher, I watch anything Monty presents - and I have a dog-crush on Nigel. He did a series called Big Dreams Small Spaces, and one of the families really inspired me. Monty wasn't convinced about growing things in "clumps", but I totally got what the mum had pictured in her head.

A little later, I discovered Alys Fowler. I believe she was part of the Gardener's World crew and currently has a blog and writes for the Guardian as well as other magazines and websites. Inspired by her programme The Edible Garden, I bought a couple of her books and I am using them as my inspiration for companion planting when the weather is nicer!



I used to think that a Kitchen Garden is what I wanted. I like the sound of it, but I think they have more structure than I care for. Alys Fowler's plan is very appealing to me. And for some reason it makes me think of Beatrix Potter -whose gardening book/diary I also own.


2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I loved that show, and have even applied to be on the second series! Can't wait to see what you grow! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh so jealous, Helen! I hope they choose you. If we owned the house and garden and had some cash saved I would too. Let me know if you hear anything!!

      Delete