Sunday 29 November 2015

Chirk Castle - Wales Road Trip summer 2015

Winter seems to have definitely arrived and whereas last year I could still potter around in the garden because we had a greenhouse and, well, earth, this year there is very little to do outside. So, I thought I would intersperse my normal posts with visits to gardens that we have done or will do in the coming months. Last summer we went on a road trip around Wales. As we are members of the National Trust, we decided to make the most of our membership and chose to visit a number of places in North Wales. 

This post is about Chirk Castle. The grounds are very pretty and we enjoyed discovering its different corners, but what I enjoyed the most is the 1930's (inspired?) kitchen garden. It was so charming, and it got me itching to get back and start growing new veg. I might try and put something that reminds me of this place when it gets warmer.







I am obsessed with these seed pods! If you know what they are, please let me know!






The kitchen garden









No comments:

Post a Comment