Monday 7 December 2015

Winter blooms - December 2015

There's nothing like being in the mood for blogging when you're laptop dies and the weather does not allow you to do much outside. There are exciting tings to come! This weekend we are finally getting our tree - we were supposed to get it last Saturday, but let's not talk about it (parcels that promise to come on a certain date but don't), and I am currently working on getting a new website running, which is a very exciting project.

Today, however, I was tidying outside this morning before going to work and thought I would quickly check on my plants, and I was pleasantly surprised!

The hellebore seems to have gone crazy! Lots of blooms everywhere.

 This hellebore is getting there. You can see a teeny tiny bud in the middle there.

Look at the crocus showing their little antenna already. My experiment seems to be working so far... We'll see when the bigger bulbs start to grown.


I have spoken about my soft spot for heather before.


 And the buddleia is showing signs of growth. I know they are amazing for bees, but I don't want it to get too out of hand! I'll try and keep a tight grip on in this year, especially if I want to try underplanting the area.


In the meantime, however, we will have to enjoy our indoor plants for some added greenery.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog. Do you grow outside, in a greenhouse, or inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Until late September we lived somewhere that had a greenhouse, so that was very handy. Now we have moved somewhere that only has a backyard, so I am looking into getting a cold frame at least? So I would say that at the moment I am growing outside :) seedlings inside probably.

      Delete