Friday 17 April 2015

Front Garden

As mentioned previously, I want to utilise my front garden more. It's a big space, and as the exterior wall is quite low it's not that private, but I still want to have things growing. So, this weekend we went to our local garden centre, of course.

I went for some jasmine, and looked for a plant that would be low but pretty. I came across this plant with dainty little blue flowers which I loved immediately; it's called Brunnera macrophylla "Hadspen Cream". Both the jasmine and the hadspen are perennial, which is great; and they are hardy - jasmine can withstand temps of -5ÂșC. Might have to live in the greenhouse over winter, but for now I will show it off. An added bonus is that I opened the window yesterday to get some fresh air and we got wafts of jasmine coming on with the breeze. Amazing.

I also couldn't resist some lavender. Now, don't worry. I too have watched the Great British Garden Revival and am fully aware about the French and Spanish lavender situation. I placed an order for Hidcot lavender over at Suttons, so I will be receiving that mid-May I think. Panic over.







No comments:

Post a Comment