Wednesday 23 September 2015

Moving... Pots Everywhere

I am digging up plants that I want to take with me to our new home. Recently I went to The Vintage Emporium in Stockport and picked up some old buckets and such to use as containers for my plants and veg. Speaking of which, it seems like I'll only be getting 3 peppers this year. I think, like the courgettes, I will have to make sure I pollinate the flowers next year.


I am loving my rudbeckias, their colour is so intense at the moment.



I have trimmed the lavender, it's looking rather sorry for itself but I have made a point of finding and cutting above new growth.


I have repotted one of my heather plants.


My rosemary has died. I guess moving it stressed it and the poor thing has dried up completely. I think I'll put some sage in there instead. I have thyme in that bread bin as well. I repotted the Aster into the galvanised bucket and have taken some "offspring" to give to friends.

I have pruned the geraniums. They did OK this year, but I kept neglecting them and forgot to water them. They threatened to dry out a couple of times but I have managed to keep them going.


I was going to leave these 2 heathers behind, but I bought them after a long day at my previous work and they have me great joy. So I decided to bring them along for the ride.

All in all a nice little family is coming together. A bit mismatched, but when we move and I put everything in its place I can then arrange and plan to my heart's content. I actually have a couple of ferns I was going to leave behind, but after the seminar I attended on Sunday I might just take them with me for that shady spot in the garden!


No comments:

Post a Comment